This site is the home of various software projects and pieces of code:
- ProofTools, a freely downloadable, cross-platform software tool for automatically and graphically validating logical proofs. ProofTools is documented in its manual and background and technical addendum pages. Also available is a feature comparison of free proof tree software.
- The Treeview skin for MediaWiki, which adds a treeview component to MediaWiki-powered wikis for hierarchical browsing of a wiki's content. The skin is documented in a README, in its Help:Treeview skin, Help:Treeview skin:Syntax and Help:Treeview skin:Treeview articles, and in a colour-changing how-to.
- A web app inspired by episode #903 of the web comic, xkcd, to check how many links it takes to reach the Philosophy article on Wikipedia from any arbitrary article. The app features about, statistics and changelog pages.
- FUPS: Forum user-post scraper, a web app to scrape the posts of a specified user from a specified phpBB or XenForo forum. I have released the FUPS source code on GitHub under the GNU Affero General Public License (version 3 or later).
- The TrustedLinks and UntrustedLinksLogger MediaWiki extensions, tools to block spam links on your wiki.
- replace_str(), a Standard-compatible string replacement function for the C programming language.
It also hosts some statistics:
- The Federal Australian Political Party Social Media (Facebook) Popularity Charts, graphing since 12 January 2014 the "likes" and "people talking about this" metrics of the known Facebook pages of all parties registered federally with the Australian Electoral Commission.
And a few help articles:
- How to fix inexplicably undelivered/pending/blocked Skype messages
- How to safely delete your LVM swap volume and extend your LVM root volume on Fedora 20
- Miscellaneous problems and solutions
Finally, it hosts the first of what might become multiple reviews:
Other sites of mine:
- withrespect.net.au is my in-progress attempt to offer a vision of a respectful world. Right now, the vision is limited to an ethic of respect for non-human life.
- Shaw Nutrition, offering dietary and fitness support, is run by my sister, Kirsty Shaw, an Accredited Practising Dietitian and a qualified personal trainer. Kirst has been competing as an age group IronWoman for a few years now, so successfully that she qualified for the 2014 Worlds, and she has been working on the ground as a dietitian in a variety of clinical settings across the world since she graduated in nutrition from the University of Wollongong in 2001 with first class honours - so she really has the experience to back the theory, and these are her passions. Some of her default dietary advice conflicts with my ethical views (see my withrespect.net.au website above), but because she's willing to support clients who share those ethical views in maintaining a diet conforming to them, I'm willing to support her here.
- The Point of View apartments are for sale by my father (one has sold since the site went up). The development of their website was a family affair. You might like to check it out if you're interested in stylish coastal property in northern New South Wales, Australia, or in Kirst's formidable story-telling skills.
- Mark Boulle is a talented indie musician who happens to be my cousin. He makes great music - euphonic, laid-back, chilled and down to earth. My favourites from each of his albums are: